Tuesday, February 22, 2011

River Bank by Sheri Jones

Riverbank by Sheri Jones
8 x 10 oil on canvas
This was inspired by a photo I took in the Willow City Loop area. This is in the Texas Hill Country and a location that is well known for it's wildflowers in the Spring time.  I enjoy the flowers, but the low river bank is a lure for me. I am attracted to the path the water makes and this draws me in.  I created this with a palette knife and lots of paint. This painting is available for purchase. $100.00
sheriart.net
sheriart.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

Super painting. Wishing you great luck with your solo show this week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely water path. The blues and amber colors with the greens are very pleasing.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful colors and I love the texture you created! Good luck with your show!!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Wonderful! I know what you mean about the way water meanders. Lovely!

Unknown said...

I enjoy what you have captured, the spirit of the West. Within the artist's mind, there lies beauty in the most desolate of places. Capturing the ruggedness of the Texas landscape brings this beauty to the viewer. I come from the land of rainbows, where all is green, but I have walked the Texas countryside with equally inspiring awe. You have made this painting a vivid picture of that landscape.