Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Pickins by Sheri Jones

Summer Pickins by Sheri Jones
16x12 oil on canvas
I painted this in the studio after gathering sunflowers from around the neighborhood. The large one is from my garden and the smaller flowers are from a vacant lot.  To me sunflowers are bright and happy and make great models.  The peaches were sweet little models too. They are long gone and were delicious! I created this with a palette knife and lots of colorful paint. It is available for purchase. $150.00

4 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

Great color. This type of painting is so you!

Gwen Bell said...

These thick impressionist paintings are fabulous. So much color and texture and real emotion. Outstanding!!!

Sheriart said...

Thank you for your nice comments.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I love sunflowers too. I didn't plant any this year though. Great painting!