Saturday, December 15, 2012

Texas Sunrise by Sheri Jones

Texas Sunrise 
20x24 oil on canvas

I used a s small study to create Texas Sunrise. The original was inspired from the Granbury area.  I love to take my small studies and use them as a departure for my large landscape paintings. I may move a tree or use a different color scheme to get the results I want.  The study is a great way to work out color or  design theory before approaching a large canvas. This is available for purchase at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas.
Sheri@sheriart.net
www.sheriart.net
www.sheriart.blogspot.com
www.cfai.co/sherijones/

2 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

Beautiful! WOW!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful ability you have to take the smaller study and enlarge it to such a lovely painting. The big sky reads great in this larger painting.