Thursday, March 14, 2013

Journey of Color by Artist of Texas, Sheri Jones

Journey of Color
11x14 oil on canvas

This view is from a swinging bridge overlooking a small river in the camp site of El Telsoro in Granbury.
I took a workshop with Jill Carver and this was our inspiration.  I tried to apply her lesson using the Notan theory and a gray scale underpainting.  The early morning light and deep shadows were what inspired me. This is available for purchase. $300.00
Sheri@sheriart.net
www.sheriart.net
www.sheriart.blogspot.com
www.cfai.co/sherijones/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a very informative workshop and you certain used the info to paint a lovely painting of the river. Wonderful grays and color.

Trudy R. Gomez said...

Sheri, I visited your paintings at the Dutch Art Gallery yesterday...you have an impressive body of work there! Congratulations! I admire your hard work and dedication to your craft.