Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sunflowers and Carrots by Sheri Jones

Sunflowers and Carrots by Sheri Jones
14x7 oil on canvas

This was my victim during the quick draw event in Waxahachie. We painted on the count house square in conjunction with the Farmer's Market. They had fresh vegetables, fruits, flowers, art and much more. I purchased the flowers and carrots and set up a still life.  It didn't take long before the 40 mile per hour winds knocked this over. I tried weighing it down, propping things behind it, but it kept blowing over.  I finally put it in the bushes. It didn't blow over any more, but it altered my still life.  I stuck with the original plan and this was the result.  O the joys of plein air painting! This painting will be on displayed at the Ellis County Art Association and Museum, 501 W. Main, Waxahachie, Texas.  All the artwork created during the week will be moved over to Chatauqua Auditorium, Friday, June 3rd and will be on display there until
Sunday, June 6, 10 - 4.
sheriart.net
sheriart.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

A great painting, LOVE all the color.

Linda Popple said...

I like your composition and colors. I also like seeing the texture. Good work ..... especially with all the plein air challenges!!