Monday, June 18, 2012

Mighty Red Oak by Sheri Jones

Mighty Red Oak
11x14 oil on canvas

This red oak tree stopped me in my tracks when I drove past it. I had to turn around to snap a few pictures this past fall. I had a fun time painting this with a palette knife. This is available for purchase. $300.00
Sheri@sheriart.net
www.sheriart.net
www.sheriart.blogspot.com
www.cfai.co/sherijones/


Come paint a Texas landscape with me
at Dutch Art Gallery

***I'm excited to announce a one day workshop  on July 14, 2012.
In this workshop we will explore the use of a palette knife when developing a landscape painting. There will be demonstrations and plenty of individual attention.
Beginner to advanced-Class size limited to 10 students.
Click here for supply list. www.artistsoftexas.org/sherijones
Contact Pam at the Dutch Art Gallery to reserve your spot today.
Classes are from 9:30 - 4:30. Bring a lunch or you can visit a nearby Subway, Italian Restaurant or coffee shop for our noon break.
www.dutchartusa.com 214-348-7350

2 comments:

Nancy Standlee said...

I'm going to sign up for this class. It looks like fun.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Glad you stopped! Love the painting!