Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hunter Park Sunrise by Sheri Jones


Hunter Park Sunrise by Sheri Jones

22 x 28 oil on gallery wrapped canvas


I recreated this from a field study painted at Hunter Park, north of Granbury on Lake Granbury. We had a productive day here with a painting at every turn. Don't you just love days like that? This was created in the comforts of my studio on a cool winter day. To me this is the next best thing to painting plein air. This painting is available for purchase through CFAI.

sheriart.net

sheriart.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

The texture on the grass in the foreground is really nice and the pink colors are beautiful!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Wonderful color harmonies!

Douglas Clark said...

Once again you prove yourself the Queen of Color. I especially like the sky and colors of your foliage.

Sheriart said...

Thank you guys! I appreciate your nice comments. They make me smile.