Sunday, January 30, 2011

Old Fire Truck by Sheri Jones

Old Fire Truck by Sheri Jones
9 x 12 oil on Raymar canvas panel
I painted this plein air in Grapevine, Texas. We had a gathering of the Outdoor Painters Society on Saturday. There must have been over thirty painters there. The weather was outstanding, reaching 80 degress. I have painted a number of old vehicles and it sure helps when you are out on the streets painting. It was great to get outside and enjoy the warm winter day.
This painting is available for purchase. $125.00
Sheriart.net
sheriart.net
sheriart.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

I really love how you painted the fire truck and the prickly pear cactus is handled very well. Did it have the red on it, or is that an artistic touch? I haven't paid attention to them this time of year but this painting makes me want to go out and paint some.

Becky Joy said...

Love those old trucks. Well done.

Sheriart said...

Doug,
The cactus had blooms on it that and yes I used my artistic license with the punch of red.