Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January Sunset by Sheri Jones

January Sunset by Sheri Jones
16x20 oil on canvas
This painting was inspired from a field study I did last January. It was an unseasonably warm day and we jumped at the chance to get outside and paint. Repainting this reminded me of great time I had with my painting buddy, Jill Randall. This was created in the comfort of my warm studio this January. It was painted with a palette knife and lots of colorful paint.
This painting is available for purchase through CFAI.
Sheri@sheriart.net
sheriart.net
sheriart.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I love the beautiful textures you created with your palette knife. Lovely colors, too. Well done!!

Anonymous said...

Sheri,
I remember that lovely day in January. We also managed a plein air in February last year.
I love this final painting. Plen air paints make great studies. You certainly captured the sunset that mild day with no wind.

Jill

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Love the colors! I hope to get out west sometime in the next couple of years.

Sheriart said...

Thank you guys! I appreciate the feedback.